Here at Tonbridge Osteopathic Clinic I am doing everything possible to keep you, and myself, safe. I am following the guidelines issued by all the relevant bodies, including Public Health England (PHE), the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC), and the Institute of Osteopathy(iO).
My priority is to provide the expected high level of treatment without compromising on safety.
But what does this actually mean?
It means that by following some simple procedures I am able to see most patients face-to-face in the clinic. These procedures include (but are not limited to):
- Pre-screening every new patient, and every patient returning for the first time since the appearance of Covid-19, via an online questionnaire included in the confirmation email.
- Checking with every patient the day before their appointment to make sure they are symptom-free via a short online questionnaire in the text/email reminder.
- Use of PPE during appointments. I will be wearing a mask, gloves and apron and will ask you to wear a mask.
- Asking all patients to use hand gel on arrival.
- Adapting treatment to minimise close face-to-face contact eg spending more time with you sitting with your back to me or laying on your front during treatment.
- Gaps between every appointment to clean the clinic room, including the couch, chairs, door handles and so on.
- Keeping the room aerated with windows open as much as possible.
- Not using the waiting room to avoid potential contact with other patients.
- Asking all patients to follow the strict guidelines on when not to attend for an appointment-please read below for details.
I would like to reassure you that I am keeping up to date with the latest advice issued by the relevant bodies and I will adapt my procedures as and when needed.
Reasons not to attend for an appointment.
- If you are at all unwell, even if the symptoms are not those of Covid-19, I will ask you to reschedule your appointment. My priority is to make sure I don’t pass any germs on to my patients, I don’t want anyone to fall ill. I also need to keep myself healthy to make sure that I am able to continue treating my patients. If I catch any germs from you I may have to self-isolate while waiting for a test which will mean closing the clinic and cancelling appointments.
- If you have been in contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with, or has symptoms of, Covid-19. Even if you feel totally well. Please reschedule your appointment for 2 weeks after you have been in contact with that person, then you are welcome to come in as long as you are
still symptom free.
- If you have travelled anywhere on a plane within the last 2 weeks, whether that is abroad or
within the UK.
- If you or someone you live with or care for is at high risk from Covid-19 it may not be the right thing for you to come in and have a face-to-face appointment. In this case an online appointment may be better for you. Please contact me directly to book an online appointment or to discuss your options if you are unsure which is best for you.